Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY Super Hero Capes

I should start this off by saying that I am not very good at sewing.  However, I made my 6 month old boy a super hero cape. It was too much fun and surprisingly very easy.  Only took me a couple of hours and only took that long because I kept getting interrupted and was doing other things at the same time.

It's a reversible cape, so it has batman on one side and superman on the other. I will definitely have to make a bigger version of these for my boy when he gets older.

I got the appliques from this site: http://www.georgialeigh.com/?p=57.  They have several others including Super Why and The Incredibles. I printed the appliques at 65% (as opposed to 100%). I found this to be just about the right size for a baby. I kind of looked at how she did the pattern and made a small version up myself.  The masks came from this site: http://www.vanillajoy.com/super-hero-mask-pattern-tutorial.html, also printed at 65%. Very simple, very easy, very fun.



 

1 comment: