Monday, March 5, 2012

Morning Routine Chart

I have a 5 year old. My 5 year old is easily distracted and has a difficult time remembering and focusing what she should be doing. I made her a chart for her morning routine to remind her. I put it in a glass frame and Velcro-ed a Dry Erase pen to the side.


I got the idea from Pinterest (of course).  Here's the site.

This chart has worked wonders! My daughter wakes up, looks at her chart and starts on her tasks.  She loves to mark each of them off with the pen. She hurries to do the tasks so she can. I love that I don't have to constantly be reminding her of what she needs to do every morning. I love that she's in control and can get everything done before she has to go to school. I love that she's ready when it's time to go and we're not rushing to get her clothes on 5 minutes before she has to leave. Finally, I love that I don't have to remember everything that needs to happen in the mornings. I often forget things like having the kids brush their teeth or put their dishes in the sink. This way it always gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment