Monday, February 27, 2012

Make Your Own Nursing Cami

About 2 weeks after my son was born, my family and I went to an amusement park....I know what you're thinking...this lady is crazy. Yes, I probably was.  However, I'm not the type of person to let things hold me back if I can help it and I certainly didn't want to miss out on all the fun, especially since it was practically an all expenses paid trip.  Well, I nurse my babies and it is very difficult to do so in a crowded amusement park.  I didn't want to up an leave everybody to find a bathroom every hour, so I nursed right there on the benches a few times. 

As you can see in the picture below, the benches had holes in them. I'm kind of a private person while nursing, so I had to wrap a blanket all the way around me and on top of my baby, even though it was sweltering hot outside.  :P 


All I can say is I wish I'd had one of these from undercover mama.



After I found this brilliant shirt (several months after the amusement park excursion) I still couldn't bring myself to buy one. They are $25 each and I have a very hard time buying clothes for myself. So I didn't. 

Well, I'm glad I waited because I just found this brilliant idea on how to make one yourself on pinterest! So easy!

Basically you get a camisole, seam rip the back where the strap attaches to the back of the shirt to detach the strap. Then you cut the strap 2 inches from where the strap attaches to the front of the shirt and sew it in a loop as seen below.


 Do it to both sides and you're done. It clips right on to your nursing bra exactly the same as the under cover mama shirt would.  If you need more detail, see this website.

After finding this website I immediately went and made myself one with a cami I never wear anymore and only used as an undershirt in the first place. It took all of 5-10 minutes and cost me nothing.


I am so excited! I feel so liberated. I feel like I can actually go somewhere with my baby and not have to worry about where I will be able to nurse him.  Love it. Bring on the amusement parks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment